Apply to be a 2023 Vendor
Take your brand to new heights at Canada’s most visited outdoor holiday market
Are you a talented and innovative artisan, maker, crafter or a creator of delicious food looking for a unique opportunity to showcase your products at one of Canada’s most enchanting winter destinations?
Look no further! The Distillery Historic District is searching for premier merchants to be a part of The Distillery Winter Village.
Thursday, November 16 - Sunday, December 31, 2023
Why you should apply:
- The Distillery Winter Village attracts over 750,000 visitors from near and far, all seeking an unforgettable holiday experience.
- With its picturesque setting, cobblestone streets, charming Victorian-era buildings, festive decorations and breathtaking 50-foot Christmas tree, your cabin will be nestled amongst a winter wonderland.
- We employ a comprehensive promotional strategy to ensure maximum exposure for The Distillery Winter Village and its vendors that includes:
- Several strategic news, TV, radio, and online media moments throughout the six and a half week event
- Non-stop social media support and amplification
- Email newsletters
- Radio ads
- Newspaper ads
- Leveraging our official event sponsors and key partner networks to further amplify messaging
Just look at our numbers:
- Over 750,000 annual visitors from around the world
- 1.7 billion audience reach through media relations (we garnered media coverage in Toronto, across all of Canada, the U.S., and globally!)
- 120,000 followers on social media with a highly engaged base
- 30,000 subscribership to our newsletter
- A specially designed, heated wood cabin, in a variety of sizes, set up on our iconic cobblestone streets within Canada’s best attended outdoor holiday market.
- A merchant terminal will be provided; you simply need to bring product, staff, decor and warm socks..
- Featured on our social channels and newsletter.
- PR opportunities, when applicable, prior to and during the event.
- Exhibitor badges for you and your staff.
- Complimentary tickets to offer to your loyal customer base.(limited)
- A comprehensive vendor toolkit and direct access to our events team who can help you prepare.
- Access to an enviable customer base at one of Canada’s most iconic sites (with our 70+ year-round local shops, restaurants and cafés, galleries and theatres, The Distillery District attracts more than 2 million shoppers, diners and tourists a year from around the world).
- Access to a 20 amp electrical outlet; additional electrical service is available for a fee.
vendors must commit to attending and staffing your booth for the entire
duration of the event, November 16 - December 31, 2023 (snow, rain, cold or
and be able to supply adequate inventory. Hours of operation are:
- Monday - Thursday, noon - 9PM; Friday and Saturday noon-10PM; and Sunday noon to 9PM. Closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Open New Year’s Eve until 11PM.
- Approved vendor booths must adhere to Toronto Public Health guidelines of cleanliness, proper sanitation, and adequate lighting and signage, and must be pre-approved by The Distillery District. Food vendors will need to be inspected and receive a “Green Pass” to operate and will be inspected daily for food safety.
- Approved vendors must not sell directly competing merchandise as our full-time retailers at The Distillery District, as to offer a unique shopping experience for the holiday market.
- Approved vendors must carry their own liability insurance ($5 Million), as they will not be covered by The Distillery Historic District’s insurance. Proof of valid insurance is required and must be presented in advance to The Distillery Events Team.
- All sales must be made through the provided merchant services terminal. These sales will be deposited into The Distillery Winter Village account. A portion of vendor sales will be collected and retained as rent (minimum amount required), and the remainder of sales will be paid to the vendor on a weekly basis. Upon approval of vendor application, a deposit is also required.
- Approved vendors will be responsible for their own expenses including but not limited to: customized booth signage and décor, staffing, propane, cleaning, kitchen equipment, liability insurance, parking, and transportation.
- Approved vendors agree to support the promotion of their participation as a vendor at The Distillery Winter Village via word of mouth and social media or other promotional/marketing means. As we must each do our part to ensure success of the event, your digital presence will be considered in our selection process.